Step 1: Apply nail polish remover (non-oily type)-use cotton swab to apply to the spill. Don't wet through to carpet backing.
Step 2: Pick up softened materials -use clean white paper towel and push toward the center of the spill to avoid spreading.
Step 3: Repeat above-soften and carefully remove a layer of the spill each time. Haste may spread the stain and/or damage the carpet.
1. Detergent: Mix 1/2 teaspoon clear dishwashing detergent with one cup of warm (not hot) water.
2. Pre-soak Solution: Mix 1 teaspoon enzyme laundry detergent (such as Axion, Biz, or others) with one cup of water.
3. Dry Powder Cleaner: Use powdered carpet cleaners.
4. Dry Cleaning Solvent: Non-oily, non-caustic type sold as spot removal for garments. Caution: May be flammable.
* Note: Not all carpet fibers react the same way when treated for stains. Before proceeding with any of the preceding cleaning procedures, we recommend you contact the appropriate fiber company for their suggested maintenance guidelines. Failure to follow these carpet stain removal guidelines may void your warranty. For more information, please contact your Carpet One retailer.
Note: If your carpet has an Ultra 25a Warranty, you must call 3M directly prior to treating any stain. Failure to do this will void your warranty.
Have another stain? Check out our carpet stain removal guide.